.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

EDC: Shoelace caught in an escalator this morning



This morning, right in front of my wife and I, a teen had his loose shoelace caught by the escalator we were on. His mother was next to him and reacted like a champ. Instead of panicking and pulling on the shoe she went immediately for the red button to stop the escalator.
She then pulled on her son’s leg trying to break it free. I gave it a quick pull myself but wasted no more time and just pulled out my Leatherman Charge and cut it. Mom was grateful as if I had saved the kid’s life. She was the one that did the most important part which was stopping the escalator.
But still folks, yet again an example of how important it is to have a cutting tool with you at all times. I’ll never forget a friend of mine from school who got the skin of his leg caught by some heavy machinery… he was lucky to not lose the leg, but the skin was peeled like a banana. The scar was terrible.
This is just a big reminder: carry a knife, better yet, carry this multitool, the Leatherman Charge Tti. I shamelessly promote it because I’ve carried mine for years (nearly two decades now!) and it’s the last tool I’d part with. Almost as good for much less, consider the Leatherman Wave as well.
FerFAL
Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre is the author of “The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse” and “Bugging Out and Relocating: When Staying is not an Option”

No comments: